Map of the new Kinkaid School Memorial Campus, 1956
The Memorial location for Kinkaid was the second choice for the Board of Trustees. The original location, a property owned by Rice University, had to be changed after the City of Houston announced plans for the new Southwest Freeway -- plans that went straight through the middle of the Rice property.
San Felipe and the Bridge to Nowhere, circa 1956
The new Memorial location would eventually sit on San Felipe Road when it was finally extended in the 1970s. Until then, the school was accessed via Memorial and Kinkaid School Drive.
Preliminary Sketch of the Memorial Campus, 1956
Preliminary Sketch of the Cafeteria and All-Purpose Room, 1956
Architectural Drawing of the Cafeteria/All Purpose Room, 1956-1957
Kinkaid Builds for the Future: A Report from the Board of Trustees, circa 1956
Clearing Land for the Memorial Campus, 1956
Clearing Land for the Memorial Campus, Future School Entrance, 1956
The Falcon, November 1956
Building the Memorial Campus in Snow, 1957
Construction Progress Report, Kinkaid School, 1957
Ongoing Construction, 1957
Kinkaid Builds for the Future, 1957